WHO IS VERTICAL CHURCH FOR?
- Vertical Church is for anyone who wants to be all of who God created them to be. You may have called yourself a Christian for a long time, but despite your religious activity you’re still trying to figure out who you are, the role God plays in your life, and what your life is supposed to be about. You may not call yourself a “Christian” but you have tasted moments where you have longed for your life to have a deeper meaning. You may look at our region and wonder who will step into the mess and division and begin to bring transformational healing.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- We are passionate about joining God in His transformational love of this great region. Since early Aug 2010, we have been building relationships in many neighborhoods and towns around SE North Carolina. Our church is ONE church with multiple locations. Our central location is located in Lumberton at 4320 Kahn Dr. Our Bladen County location meets at 2603 W Broad St in Elizabethtown, NC. Our Pembroke location is located right next to UNCP, and is directly across from Givens Performance Art Center. We meet there in what's known as the CMC (Campus Ministry Center).
WHAT ABOUT KIDZ?
- BRING THEM. vKidz is a place where your kids can be surrounded by adults who are committed to a safe, fun environment. It’s where kidz can figure out what God and the Bible are all about while learning about Jesus on their level.
WHAT WILL VERTICAL CHURCH BE LIKE?
- You can expect to be welcomed.
- The Vibe is refreshingly casual.
- The Experience is creatively engaging.
- The Music & Worship is excellent - Vibrant and full of energy - We love the passion that comes from a room full of people singing about our belief that JESUS IS ALIVE!
- The Teaching is all at once helpful, conversational, reflective, and authentic. It's easy to understand yet thick with meaning - we want you to allow the God of the universe to have complete control of your life, while always applying biblical teaching to everything you do.
- The Focus is always around what God has done, is doing, and what’s next.
- Our kids are safe and protected, actively and creatively engaged, and challenged to take what they learn about God here and live it out everywhere else.
Serving in and around our Region
- We partner with organizations both faith-based and otherwise that are actively, intelligently, responsibly, and passionately committed to our city.
- We do it in the model of Jesus - Together as friends, family, & community.
- We use the gifts, talents, and abilities that are uniquely ours to tangibly transform our region.
During the week in Small Groups (vGroups)
- We pursue Jesus
- We share life
- We break bread
- We celebrate growth
- We share our resources
- We serve those in need
- We challenge stagnancy
- We pray fervently
- We listen intently
- We talk intentionally
- We laugh uncontrollably
- We cry unapologetically
- We live authentically
- We party regularly
WHAT IS THE LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE?
- The phrase we use to describe the function of government at Vertical Church is that we are guarded by the Elders, guided by the Staff and gifted through our partners. Vertical Church government is built around four teams of people: Ministry Coaches, Ministry Directors, Staff Lead Team, and Elders.
ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE I SEE WORKING ON SUNDAYS ON STAFF?
- Not even close. Believe it or not, 97% of the Vertical experience you encounter results from a group of volunteers who serve on vteams. Volunteers care for our kids, serve our students, arrive early to set things up, and much more. It’s a huge undertaking and we have an amazing team.
WHAT DENOMINATION IS VERTICAL?
- Vertical is a Southern Baptist Church (believe it or not). However, Vertical is home to people from all types of backgrounds, beliefs and denominations. Ultimately we know it's about a relationship with Christ, not a religion. We want our focus to be on the only thing that matters and unites us all, Jesus!